Welcome to The Security Digest!
Hello and welcome to TSD, your regular blog post with top of mind security issues! TSD began as an internal newsletter that our Security Lead, Daniel Tobin, would circulate to the team each Tuesday. It proved to be a great resource for all of us so we thought, why not share it with all of you? Our hope is that it helps make you just a bit more secure.
Check back here every Tuesday for more TSD or sign up below to stay in the loop!
Hi Cyraloons and welcome to another week of TSD (The / Tuesday / Tobin Security Digest), your regular email / blog post with top of mind security issues, a few security tips for both work and home and at least 1 fun thing related to owls.
- Do you have a Windows computer? Hopefully running Windows 10? (All other versions have reached end of support). Please patch immediately as they’ve released an out of band patch. More at TechCrunch: Microsoft releases emergency patch for ‘leaked’ Windows bug
- If you’re looking for Coronavirus information, please make sure it’s legitimate: ‘cybercrooks have started disseminating real-time, accurate information about global infection rates tied to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic in a bid to infect computers with malicious software.’ more at KrebsOnSecurity: Live Coronavirus Map Used to Spread Malware
- Are you using SSH keys to interact with Github? If so, you can secure them with a passphrase. More at Github: Working with SSH key passphrases
- When you visit a website, online trackers and the site itself may be able to identify you – even if you’ve installed software to protect yourself. Test your browser here: https://panopticlick.eff.org/
- EFF’s Privacy Badger browser extension (https://www.eff.org/privacybadger) can help automatically block these trackers
Owl fun and facts:
Many owl species have asymmetrical ears. When located at different heights on the owl’s head, their ears are able to pinpoint the location of sounds in multiple dimensions via Audubon
A Shout Out:
That’s owl for now!
Building Documentation for an API-first Product
In this blog post our team shares their experience and design choices in building our documentation site from scratch using tools like Gatsby, Markdown, Docz, …
The Security Digest: Week 21
Hello and welcome to TSD, your regular blog post with top of mind security issues. TSD began as an internal newsletter that our Security Lead, …