The Solidarity Digest
Today is not a normal Tuesday, and we’re taking a step back from our normal Tuesday Security Digest to acknowledge that. We want to use our voice, however small, to not be silent and let people feeling marginalized know that they aren’t alone. We are in solidarity with them. They Matter. Black Lives Matter.
We want to reach out to our audience and let them know that we can all make a difference, no matter how small. Today, we are using this space to share some resources with actions we can all take to help, today and long term.
There are many amazing books included above that you can start with, here are a few of our recently published favorites.
- Rachel Cargle – The Great Unlearn
- Layla F. Saad – Me & White Supremacy
- Robin J. DiAngelo – White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism
- Reni Eddo-Lodge – Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race
When purchasing one of these books, consider supporting a black-owned bookstore
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Minnesota Freedom Fund
- Official George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Campaign Zero
Fernando Pereira got his Ph.D at the University of California, Los Angeles, in 2008. Since 2009 he is an associate professor at the Department of …
The Security Digest: Week 31
Hello and welcome to TSD, your weekly blog post with top of mind security issues. TSD began as an internal newsletter that our Security Lead, …