It takes only a few steps to set up a Cyral sidecar to monitor and protect your repositories. Once the sidecar is in place, you can configure SSO authentication, offer just-in-time access to your data users, and easily track which users and services are interacting with your data repositories.
This quickstart guide will show you how to track a data repository using Cyral, connect to it, and monitor data activity in a Kibana dashboard. Follow these steps:
- Track your data repository by telling Cyral how to connect to it.
- Add a sidecar to intercept and monitor data activity from your users and applications.
- Bind your repository to the sidecar so that it can listen for incoming connections to the repository.
- Connect to your data repository through the sidecar: Try it out! See how simple it is for users to connect via the Cyral Access Portal.
- Monitor data activity: Examine enriched data activity logs and visualizations in a Kibana dashboard.
Once you've configured Cyral to protect a data repository, you can: