18 October 2021
- Early access feature: Granular and dynamic repository access management with ChatOps: Cyral’s app in Slack handles just-in-time repository access requests and approvals.
- Early access feature: Auto-approval: If an access request falls within the duration limits set by your administrators, Cyral can automatically approve it.
13 September 2021
- Denodo support
- Connections to Redshift and Denodo via Tableau
17 August 2021
- Inline data classification on Snowflake
- Snowflake users who connect from Tableau are now looged with their Tableau identity data
- Snowflake SSO with Azure Active Directory now supported
- Support for non-TLS versions of the SQL Server client
14 July 2021
- MongoDB cluster support
- Connections to Snowflake via Tableau, R with ODBC, Java JDBC, others
- ADFS (on-premises Active Directory) support
- Easier integration with Okta
- Ability to use Cyral's Vault secrets management integration in a Hashicorp Nomad environment
- Logging of blocked queries on Snowflake repositories
4 June 2021
- New clients supported for SQL Server 2016: SQL Server Management Studio and Powershell
- G Suite identity provider
- Ability to expose the Cyral auth token in native applications
- Ability to block PostgreSQL queries that have no LIMIT clause
- Keycloak support for environments that use Aptible deployment
- Add sidecar support for Hashicorp Nomad
- Audit logging of connect and disconnect events
- Ability to insert user's session data as comments in queries, allowing logging to the repository's native log facility.
7 May 2021
- SQL Server
- Azure Active Directory
- Support for Hashicorp Vault
- Keycloak support for environments running all major deployment frameworks
- Control plane can be hosted in Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Cyral query log captures session parameters set via
SELECT set_configstatements. See
userConfigParametersin the Log Specification.
5 April 2021
- SSO with Forgerock Identity Management (Forgerock IDM)
- On-call access management integrated with PagerDuty schedules
- Cyral policies now support rate limiting
- Cyral policies now support query rewriting on PostgreSQL and Snowflake repositories
5 March 2021
- Downloadable sidecar templates to simplify rolling upgrades and redeployments
- Ability to clone a sidecar for blue-green, or parallel, upgrades
- Standard sidecar template can now contain G Suite SSO settings for Snowflake repositories
5 February 2021
- Identity mappings are introduced as an improved replacement for explicit grants
- Support for autoprovisioning of the Cyral control plane and sidecars
- Sidecar deployment templates now support enabling/disabling support for a particular repository type. For example, when deploying a sidecar, you can use this feature to turn off PostgreSQL support in that sidecar.
- Support for provisioning CNAMEs and certificates for Snowflake sidecars
- Support for Google's GCR and Amazon's ECR container registries for both Cyral control plane and sidecars
- Improved variable names in sidecar templates to make them more intuitive for users
- All sidecar templates now support logging to Sumologic
- Helm-deployed sidecars now support logging to Splunk and Kafka
- Improvements in log volume settings: Logging can be set to log full table scans, and the logging facility now supports mixing sensitive log groups with DQL, DML, and DDL log groups.
- Log volume settings are now customizable on Dremio repositories
- Some Cyral preconfigured alerts are now supported on Snowflake repositories.